No matter what field you work in, you know how important your tools are to do the best work possible. If you’re a carpenter, you wouldn’t use a tape measure with no markings or a level that wasn’t accurate. If you are a professional ballet dancer, you would make sure that your shoes fit your feet, not be 3 sizes too big! And a doctor certainly wouldn’t use a construction worker’s hammer in place of a reflex hammer! Using the wrong tools for the job is a recipe for disaster and can cost a client time, money, and a whole lot of hassle!
In this series we’ll take a look at the tools of the trade that we use here at TCC Telecom. This week we will focus on our newest addition to the our tool bag – the Fluke CableIQ Tester. This tester is compact, lightweight and easy to use way to test and certify your cabling, but still tough enough to take on construction sites.
What can the CableIQ Tester do?
- Testing Copper Cabling: The CableIQ tests twisted-pair, coax, and audio.
- Qualifies Bandwith: Quickly and easily certify that your cabling qualified for voice, 10/100BASE-T, VoIP, or Gig speeds.
- Faster Troubleshooting: Simply plug in and you will be able to see the length and wiremapping, the far-end device details, as well as the nature and location of any cable problems.
Why do we love our Fluke CableIQ Tester?
- It’s easy to use: The CableIQ Tester is not only easy to use, you plug it in and turn it on, and select the test you want to run.
- It’s easy to understand: Results are given with concise and easy to understand infographics.
But the most important reason we love it?
Because our clients will love it. The Fluke CableIQ Tester provides a PDF copy of all the results of the tests done, so there is no more wondering whether your cabling really passed or not. Also, it is able to diagnose problems quickly and more specifically than ever before, so less time has to be spent trouble shooting, which means less money out of your pocket.
Here’s an example of the print-out our customers receive on cabling jobs/troubleshooting:
Are you confident that your tech company has the right tools for the job? We know that at TCC Telecom we have all the necessary tools and knowledge to do the job right, the first time, saving you time and money. Give us a call at 443.201.8074 or use our Contact Us page to set up a free site survey today.